Develop your individual capabilities
Do you want to know what makes you tick? And what makes others tick? Understanding what motivates us as individuals, how we prefer to work and learn and how we deal with conflict and opposition can help us to play to our strengths, enhancing our personal effectiveness and our ability to relate well to others.
We will work with you to:
- Explore what underpins your behavioural choices
- Recognise individual causes of conflict and stress and how to manage these
- And harness this knowledge to improve personal effectiveness and enhance leadership development and team working capabilities
In order to meet your needs we will first seek to understand what outcomes you are looking for. We will then develop a personalised programme which can help you to identify your strengths and areas for development and harness this to enhance your capability.
What might good look like:
- You create a great impression when meeting or presenting to others
- You develop and sustain constructive workplace relationships
- You become a more capable leader and manager
- You have a clearer purpose in developing yourself
Lead change and managing conflict
Why do people generally respond so negatively to change initiatives? How can you engage people positively in a change process? And how can you anticipate and manage the stress of change to prevent it becoming damaging?
Most change efforts fail, often because the human dimension is insufficiently addressed. Change, particularly if it is failing, can lead to stress and conflict which can cause distraction and discomfort in the workplace. Change often disrupts established patterns and networks, leading to anxiety and uncertainty about the future. The human cost of failing to manage change and conflict effectively is huge – as is the financial cost. An employment tribunal costs around £8500 and takes around 28 weeks to resolve. Workplace mediation costs significantly less and can resolve conflict in a matter of days. Both of these can be avoided by effective and proactive leadership of change and management of workplace conflict.
In order to meet your needs we will first seek to understand what outcomes you are looking for. We will then develop a personalised programme which can include remote, one-to-one and group activities, as appropriate, to build on your strengths, enabling you to address the human impact of change and conflict effectively and proactively.
We can work with you to:
- Determine the change readiness of your team or organisation
- Explore how and why people respond differently to change
- Develop effective conflict management skills
- Recognise and manage workplace stress proactively
What might good look like?
- Staff sickness absence, particularly through stress and anxiety or as a result of workplace conflict, is reduced
- You and your team or organisation are engaged in the change process and work collaboratively to conclude it successfully
- You recognise the value of creative conflict in achieving team and organisational goals
- You harness your self-awareness and awareness of others to recognise when your team members are demotivated, disengaged or stressed and to lead and manage them appropriately
Building a high-performing team
What makes a high-performing team? How do high-performing teams identify and harness their diverse capabilities to create the conditions for success? What makes a good team leader?
If you are a team leader or manager you may be in the significant proportion who receive little or no training and development in leading and managing a team (according to CIPD research). Understanding what motivates your individual team members, how they work best and how they can relate to and support each other is fundamental to sustaining a high-performing team able to meet and exceed organisational goals.
We will work with you to:
- Develop your team leadership and management capabilities
- Apply your knowledge of yourself to recognise what drives others’ behaviour and use this both to motivate and inspire them and to deal with unhelpful workplace behaviours
- Explore team dynamics and what makes a high-performing team, including one which works remotely
In order to meet your needs we will first seek to understand what outcomes you are looking for. We will then develop a personalised programme which can include remote, one-to-one and group activities, as appropriate, to build on your strengths, enabling you to create, sustain, lead and manage a high-performing team.
What might good look like?
- The team works collaboratively, forming relationships based on mutual trust to achieve results for the organisation
- The benefits of diversity and creative conflict are valued while inter-personal conflict is quickly and effectively managed
- You get the best out of your team by deploying a range of appropriate leadership and management capabilities, including coaching skills, talent development and performance management
- Your team members are resilient, enabling them to sustain high performance in challenging circumstances
Louise Carver BA (Hons) FInstLM Chartered MCIPD
Louise is a highly capable and experienced learning and development practitioner, facilitator, presenter and mediator with over 30 years’ experience working in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. She is passionate about putting motivated and capable individuals and teams at the heart of organisational success.
Louise is a Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and is recognised as an approved training provider by the ILM. She is accredited by the Belbin Institute as a team roles facilitator and is qualified to administer the Strength Deployment Inventory® and Relationship Awareness Theory® which she uses to enhance individual and team development. She is also a qualified workplace mediator, able to help manage and resolve workplace conflict.
Previous clients include Babcock, Novo Nordisk, Public Health England, Devon and Cornwall Constabulary, the RAF Charitable Trust Enterprises, South Kesteven District Council and the Defence Academy of the UK.
Access to a network of trusted associates enables us to provide a range of high quality solutions tailored to your requirements.
Access to a network of trusted associates with backgrounds in defence, health, education, IT and HR enables us to provide a range of high quality solutions tailored to your requirements. You may be looking for a skills audit, expert advice and support, coaching, mentoring, one-to-one development or group workshops or perhaps you would prefer us to train your in-house facilitators to deliver our programmes. Whatever you are considering, if you recognise the importance of putting motivated people at the heart of organisational change and success then we’d love to help!
We can deliver our acclaimed modular ILM-approved Leadership and Management Development programme as a complete event or in stages for individuals or groups from first-line managers up to senior leaders – we always tailor it to your requirements and we always make it interactive, informative and fun! We’ll provide resources, materials and supporting information drawing on our expert knowledge and access to the latest research. If you would prefer to hold events off-site we can source suitable venues close to your location.
Advice & Consultancy
We would be delighted to discuss your precise requirements: we will define what outcomes you’re aiming for and what success looks like before making any recommendations. We can help you to produce a learning and development strategy and plan, conduct training needs analysis and gap analysis, carry out a thorough and wide-ranging evaluation of learning and development activities and advise on options for professional qualifications and continuing development, ensuring that everything fits with existing plans and aspirations – whether you engage with us as an individual or on behalf of your organisation.